Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The end of the end.

23rd July, 2007. The start.
10th April, 2011. The end.
30th Jan, 2012. The end of the end?

I know you changed.
I know you tried.
You should know so did I.
I know I made the start.
But you put the full stop.
I thought we could be friends.
You thought we could be more.
I thought we could get there, but every time I tried reality struck.
I know I asked you to move on.
I know I asked you to forget,
Who was I kidding?
And then you did.
It was easier knowing from you than from some one else.
But it hurt no less.
All I had to say was 'we talk too much'.
And that was it.
I know you needed a friend.
You should know, so did I.
But it always seemed like old times and I had to put a pause before it went too far.
So you called me 15 days later, telling me you had moved on. So should I.
It's just that it's easier said than done.
And then you went right ahead and told me what all was on your mind.
It wasn't me, none of it, it was all her.
I think you spoke to just your friend.
And I did all I could to put up a brave face.
Now that I look back, even though we weren't together, I still thought you were mine.
I was selfish, wanting you and yet not.
And now is the time to say the final good bye.

It's a feeling I had for a while. You hadn't called in over 10 days. The last time we spoke, I said some mean things. But it was unlike you to not call or message. Now I know I must move on. I have to. You no longer feel mine.
I want to wish that you be happy but not with such pain in my heart. I don't quite understand why it even hurts so much. This had to happen. And for now I must try my best to not let it take over me. Here's hoping that the pain subsides with each passing day. There has to be a reason they say "Time heals all."

No comments:

Post a Comment